Robert Half Accountemps Staff Accountant in Spokane, Washington
Local construction company is looking to add to their team. We are seeking a highly detail oriented and technically competent individual that loves a challenge. This is a very fast-paced, dynamic environment that is a GREAT long term opportunity.
This position is responsible for performing accounting functions in accounts payable and billing processes. Job duties will include but not be limited to:
- Inputs payables, including the tracking of sales tax information and matching delivery receipts with invoices.
- Inputs subcontractor construction invoices, including lien releases, contract billings, and payments.
- Inputs weekly miscellaneous invoices for payments.
- Prepares monthly job related equipment rent schedules prior to billing.
- Inputs material from stock transfer slips.
- Prepares the billings/statements to construction owners with appropriate supporting documentation.
- Finalizes statements to owners after approval of the Project Manager.
- Prepares and enters journal entries with approval of Assistant Controller.
- Completes special projects for Assistant Controller.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education/Experience - To perform this job successfully, a four-year college degree in Business with a major in accounting is strongly preferred. In addition, three to five+ years' experience in a fast paced accounting department is required. Construction accounting preferred but not required.
Computer Skills - Demonstrates proficiency with Microsoft Office software suite with emphasis in Excel. Experience with Timberline software is a plus.
Interpersonal Skills - Must have strong communication skills and a positive overall attitude; a willingness to go the extra mile; driven, logical and quality minded; understanding of human and employee relations.
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine's list of "World's Most Admired Companies" since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.670.5403 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2018 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans