Volt Information Sciences Sr. Mechanical Engr in Spokane, Washington
Sr. Mechanical Engr in Spokane, WA at Volt
Date Posted: 1/15/2018
Employee Type: Direct Hire
Location: Spokane, WA
Job Type: Engineering Disciplines
Date Posted: 1/15/2018
Job ID: 91274
Contact Name Volt Branch
Direct Hire Opportunity with an Employer of Choice in the Spokane Valley!
- Performs complex activities relating to the design, testing, and evaluation of mechanical and electro-mechanical devices and systems. With broad scope of responsibility, performs product development activities including layout, interpretation and implementation of customer specifications and documentation requirements. May provide product line support in design activities and/or modifications. May provide work direction and training to lower level professional and technical staff. Interfaces with customers regarding design and technical issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Researches and analyzes data such as customer design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
Designs new products and parts, and improvements to existing products and parts based on customer and Marketing specifications.
Tests new designs for reliability and manufacturability, and verifies part and product conformance to performance specifications.
Leads efforts in introducing new designs into production.
Provides technical support once the design has been released to production.
Interfaces with customers, engineers and Marketing, and provides engineering support as necessary.
Documents design work and writes test reports.
May oversee large product design efforts.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS :
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE :
- Bachelor of science degree in Mechanical Engineering and four years progressive experience in mechanical engineering; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS :
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical publications, customer specifications, and other related documents. Ability to respond orally and in writing to inquiries or complaints from customers or other employees. Ability to effectively write reports and present information to management, other employees, and customers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS :
- Applied engineering mathematics, statistics, and business and economic analysis.
REASONING ABILITY :
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to apply spatial imagination and interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES :
- Ability to operate a computer and use spreadsheet, database, word processing, CAD, 3-D and solid modeling software. Knowledge of structural mechanics, materials science, and materials capabilities. Ability to construct design of experiments and reduce to design changes.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS :
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT :
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to risk of radiation. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In order to promote this harmony in the workplace and to obey the laws related to employment, Volt maintains a strong commitment to equal employment opportunity without unlawful regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or parental status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.