ENGIE Insight Software Quality Assurance Engineer in Spokane, Washington
ENGIE Insight, formerly Ecova, partners with multi-site businesses that aim to thrive in a sustainable world. With a foundation of accurate and comprehensive resource data – including energy, water, waste and telecom – we apply technology and people expertise to lower costs, drive efficiencies and reduce environmental impact. More than 1,000 customers, including 25% of the Fortune 500, turn to ENGIE Insight to help move their sustainable resource management initiatives forward.
ENGIE Insight’s people are our greatest strength, bound by our vision to enable a sustainable world where people, organizations and the environment thrive. We are passionate about making our company and the world a better place; responsible in working with commitment and accountability; collaborative with our colleagues and clients, and agile enough to work in a dynamic, changing industry.
The wide-ranging expertise of our diverse team fuels the innovation that places us on the leading edge of the energy industry. As such, we nurture a company culture—through training, mentoring and professional development—that encourages all employees to thrive. If this the kind of place you see yourself working, we invite you to join ENGIE Insight.
*In order to be considered for the role, your resume must be attached in your application.
This position is responsible for the effective execution of quality assurance processes within ENGIE Insight IT. These processes include test script development, functional test execution, provisioning test environments, and defect documentation and tracking. The Software Quality Assurance Engineer works closely with software engineers and product owners to understand the system under test, ensuring that manual and automated functional test cases provide adequate test coverage to minimize the risk of production defects.
• Understands and promotes Quality Assurance methodologies throughout the software development lifecycle
• Stages and verifies test cases through proficient application of simple SQL select statements (select, insert, update, join, etc.) used for test verification.
• Suggests and implements QA process improvements
• Develops test plans and strategies based on system requirements and design documentation
• Collaborates with end users and other members of the Scrum team, translating their input into testable requirements
• Implements test automation for established frameworks requiring programming experience
• Identifies, analyzes, and documents system defects
• Provisions test environments that accurately represent the integrated systems under test
• Collaborates effectively with remote development and testing resources
**• BS in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• In-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance processes, methodologies and software development lifecycles.Minimum four years experience as a Software Quality Assurance Engineer.
• Experience building / consuming REST APIs.
• Experience with and strong knowledge of the Scrum development methodology.
• Experience with high throughput, scalable, systems
o Experience with and strong knowledge of the Scrum development methodology.REST and/or SOAP services
o Entity Framework
ENGIE Insight Information
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based culture and have goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a generous employer match.
ENGIE Insight is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.
Connect with ENGIE Insight: Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | Blog | Videos | Webinars
Job: *Digital and IT
Title: Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Requisition ID: TEC00000059