Skechers Retail Assistant Manager - Spokane in Spokane, Washington
Assist store management in leading assigned location to achieve COMP or New Store Sales through consistent operational excellence, discipline, and a committed team who execute flawlessly. The role of a 2nd Assistant Manager is to assist the Store Manager in fulfilling and executing the company mission statement on a daily basis. Is obsessive about our product, people and our customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist the store manager in meeting or exceeding assigned sales plans and target metric objectives within the assigned store.
• Maintains a commitment to the company’s sales processes, values and business code of ethics.
• Ability to achieve results when assigned a MOD (Manager-on-Duty) segment and work with employees to ensure goals are achieved.
• Responsible for properly and accurately receiving merchandise, totaling bills, accepting payment, and making change for customers in our retail stores; trains others to do the same.
• Ensures consistent execution of company’s marketing and visual presentation.
• Sets up advertising displays or arranges merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales.
• Stamps, marks, or tags price on merchandise and trains others on current directives.
• Stocks shelves, counters, or tables with merchandise and also sets up displays according to company directives; teaches others to do the same.
• Ability to create excitement and show passion for the product by communicating relevant information about fitness and fashion to customers. Able to answers questions about product features and benefits; teaches others to do the same. PEOPLE
• Trains staff on how to drive sales to fullest potential through continued development on product knowledge, customer service standards and visual presentation.
• Assists Store Manager by recruiting top talent to support sales and growth of company.
• Partners with Store Manager to hire, develop and retain top talent.
• Assists Store Manager with new hire and other human resources paperwork upon request.
• May assist with the maintenance and retention of all HR paperwork to ensure employee folders are kept current and complete.
• Demonstrates the ability to consistently follow and also ensure others follow /The Promise/ and all company customer service standards.
• Ensures compliance to policies and procedures at all times and reports any concerns to senior management.
• Confers with management to ensure that banking deposits are made and recorded daily; responsible for delivering to the bank, at a specified location, with or without armored car service, as directed by the Store Manager.
• Ensures that the store is secured at closing (i.e. doors locked, safe locked, alarms are set).
• Ability to remove and record cash in register at end of shift/closing and prepare bank deposits properly.
• Works proactively with Store Manager to develop solutions to decrease losses and shrink.
• Maintains proper inventory controls, facilitates inventory transaction and bulk counts as directed by senior management.
• Ensures price integrity and general pricing of product on the floors is reflective of current markdowns and markups per company directives.
• Ensures all sales are rung correctly and that all associates are trained on how to properly ring a transaction.
• Effectively delegates tasks to other hourly employees to ensure the store is properly recovered for the next day’s business.
• Always willing and able to lead by example when cleaning shelves, counters, tables and overall store; teaches standards to others.
• Works with store management to ensure inventory is checked in, stocked correctly on shelves and displayed within 24 hours of receipt per operational standards.
• Ensures Elite goals are met for the store.
• Keeps daily record of store sales, scheduling, damages, mismates, deposit log, employee discounts, new hire paperwork, paid outs and visitor log.
• Responsible for carrying out area of responsibilities (AOR) tasks, assignments and execution under the supervision and direction of the Store Manager.
• Completes the daily planner and ensures chat-ins and chat-outs occur during every shift.
• All employees are required to use ladders as an essential function of this job, as that is part of the daily duties to maintain the store’s daily operations and in order to service customers. Therefore, dress code and safety policies must be followed. This is also outlined under the PHYSICAL DEMANDS section of the job description. LEADERSHIP
• Demonstrates the Skechers Key Behaviors for each Core Competency.
• Serves as a role model by presenting a professional image in appearance, words and action.
• Demonstrates excellent personal salesmanship and develops other employees’ selling skills.
• Assumes responsibility and displays the ability to take charge in the absence of senior management.
• Successfully executes company objectives under the direction of the Store Manager and provides leadership and tools to associates to ensure they also meet their daily goals.
This position has limited management responsibilities in the absence of senior management. Responsible and accountable for keys to the store. Responsible for the opening and closing of the store as directed by the Store Manager.
Other duties assigned as necessary to maintain store’s daily operations.
Limited Direct Supervision, this position has limited management responsibilities. This is a lead position which delegates daily work assignments as directed by the Store Manager or 1st Assistant Manager. Responsible for documenting daily incidents involving customers or employees and give to management to handle. This position is not to confront employees on personnel issues rather to document and notify management. Responsible for communicating with senior management on all matters involving business operations and employees.
Position must be authorized by both the District Manager and the Regional Manager. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Ability to execute excellence to company standards at all times.
• Must possess good written and verbal communication.
• Must produce work that is accurate, thorough and meets requirements on consistent basis. Leads and develops team to do the same.
• It is a condition of employment, and responsibilities require, that you are flexible with regard to hours and days worked, including when we may need to increase or decrease your hours based on the needs of our business. EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
Minimum of one year of retail/customer service experience
High School Diploma, or equivalent LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, policies and procedures, and operating and maintenance instructions. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Good cash handling skills required.
R/jobdescriptions/retail 2nd Asst.ManagerConcept.doc 3 10/16/2015
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Must have a background report (i.e. Criminal, DMV, Social Security) conducted and approved by the Loss Prevention Department.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to remain in a stationary position, walk, reach with hands and arms, push, pull, grasp (simple/power), twist (neck/waist), stoop, bend, and kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee constantly positions him/herself, including under counters, fixtures or in storage areas to operate a variety of office machines, such as a cash register, computer, fax machine, calculator, computer printer, etc.; stock merchandise on shelves, counters and tables, handle inventory, clean the store, etc. The employee is required to consistently move about inside the store to greet and sell to clients, stock or arrange merchandise, inventory; clean the store, etc. The person in this position frequently communicates with customers, both in person and over the telephone, to meet, greet, service and to sell products; communicates with Store Manager for direction, etc.; be able to document incidents in the absence of managers; must be able to accurately exchange information in these situations. The employee frequently ascends/descends a mobile ladder or step stool to access shelves, stock shelves, arrange merchandise, clean the store, etc. The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, carrying at a specified distance dependent on work area, or use the Buddy System, e.g., soliciting assistance from a co- worker.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to sucessfully perform the essential functions of this job
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to very loud music. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.