Washington State L&I Auditor 3, In-Training (Spokane) in Spokane, Washington
This is the perfect opportunity for you to use your technical skills, as well as your equally strong people skills. Bring your talents to public service and join us in keeping Washington safe and working.
Why work for Labor & Industries_? _We have a flexible work environment. Flex schedules and teleworking are available after successfully meeting a six month probationary period. Your work/life balance is respected, your voice matters and Washington State provides one of the most competitive benefits packages in the nation. In addition, L&I; is a diverse state agency dedicated to the safety and health and security of Washington's 2.5 million workers.
As an L&I; Field Auditor, you'll independently conduct audits of businesses financial records to determine premium liability for industrial insurance. Perform onsite audits within local businesses and survey work operations to determine risk classifications for job hazards of the business and compliance with industrial insurance reporting requirements.
Some of what you'll do:
- Educate and communicate with employers in regards to questions surrounding industrial insurance, and provide information related to audit processes, laws and rules.
- Screen, schedule, coordinate and conduct audits of business financial records.
- Document audit details in chronological order as events happen throughout the audit process.
- Review employment contracts and conduct fact-finding interviews.
- Prepares professional and extensive reports of audit findings.
- Provide consultation and technical assistance to educate employers on contractor liability, recordkeeping and reporting requirements.
- Prepare subpoenas and other legal documents as needed and testify at industrial insurance appeals and court proceedings.
*Who should apply - *Viable applicants must have a minimum of 20 semester or 30 quarter hours in accounting (may include credits from one (1) Finance class or one (1) Business Law class)
Please note this position is identified as In-Training and can be filled at the L&I; Auditor 1, 2 or 3 level
*If hired at the L&l; Auditor 1 level: *
A bachelor's degree that includes at least 20 semester or 30 quarter hours in accounting, or an associate's degree that includes at least 20 semester or 30 quarter hours in accounting AND two (2) years of professional accounting or auditing experience.
If hired at the L&l; Auditor 2 level:
A bachelor's degree that includes at least 20 semester or 30 quarter hours AND one (1) year of professional accounting or auditing experience, or an associate's degree that includes at least 20 semester or 30 quarter hours in accounting AND three (3) years of professional accounting or auditing experience.
If hired at the L&l; Auditor 3 level:
A bachelor's degree that includes at least 20 semester or 30 quarter hours in accounting AND two (2) year of professional accounting or auditing experience.
Additional professional level accounting or auditing experience will substitute; year for year, for the education except for the 20 semester or 30 quarter hours in accounting.
What we're looking for:
- Professional accounting or auditing experience
- Knowledgeable of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and auditing theory.
- Provide customer service and work both with accounting and non-accounting personnel across the organization.
- Strong and effective communicators with written, verbal and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience facilitating training and providing information and instruction clearly and effectively.
- Proficient computer skills using MS Word, Excel and Internet.
- Properly identify, collect, document data and information for assessment, analysis, and investigation.
- Interviewing skills, the ability to ask the right questions, gather and attain information.
- Skill in persuading others to voluntarily comply with regulations or policies.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Experience successfully performing multiple tasks under tight deadlines without sacrificing quality and accuracy.
- Proven attention to detail and follow-through.
- Experience maintaining confidentiality.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Experience auditing employer records for Industrial Insurance reporting is desired.
Note: In addition to a complete application, the process requires that you include the follow: (Please attach while in the online application process)
- Cover letter
- Copy of your unofficial college transcripts documenting successful completion of the required 20 semester or 30 quarter hours in accounting
If you have any questions regarding this announcement, position, agency or difficulty attaching your documents, please contact: Phyllis Gallegos at 360-902-4903 or email at: email@example.com.
This job announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Application review starts immediately and the hiring authority reserves the right to offer the job at any time. It's to your advantage to apply quickly.
Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Prior to any new hire into L&I;, a background check, including criminal record history, will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
To apply, follow the "Apply" link above Jobs advertised as Open Continuous will be closed without notice. Apply quickly!
We're looking for evidence that you have what we're looking for. Your application materials will be used for deciding who'll be selected for interview.
For more information about the Department of Labor & Industries visit: http://www.lni.wa.gov/ OR Contact us at: Jobs@Lni.wa.gov
L&I; strives to attract and retain a high-performing and diverse workforce in which our differences are respected and valued to better meet the needs of the diverse customers we serve. L&I; fosters an inclusive environment that promotes safety, collaboration, flexibility and fairness so that all employees can participate and contribute to their full potential.
This position is represented by the Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE). That means that, as a condition of employment, no later than the 30th day following the beginning of your employment, you must pay the *WFSE *either membership dues, a representation fee or, for bona fide religious non-associators an amount equal to dues to be used in a program within the union in harmony with the employee's conscience.
Persons with a disability, who need assistance in the application process, or those needing this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 902-5700. Applicants that are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1.
The State of Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary: $2,984.00 - $4,737.00 Monthly
Location: Spokane County – Spokane, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Labor & Industries
Job Number: 2018-03539
Closing: 4/24/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact