Washington State HVAC Technician in Spokane, Washington
HVAC Technician Fairchild AFB - Spokane, WA
Under the supervision of the Maintenance Specialist 4, this position is a fully qualified HVAC Technician position responsible for performing journey-level maintenance work required to accomplish all phases of building maintenance and construction work.
The Washington Military Department (WMD) is a state agency whose motto is "Citizens Serving Citizens with Pride and Tradition." The 300+ civilian employees of the Washington Military Department utilize state and federal resources to perform homeland defense, homeland security, emergency mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery activities, and education services for at-risk youth. The WMD mission is to protect the citizens of Washington, their property, and the environment on a twenty-four hour basis and provide trained military units in support of civil authorities for domestic emergencies and in support of federal combatant commanders for national defense and homeland security missions. The four major divisions that accomplish the mission of the Agency are: Emergency Management Division, Washington Youth Academy, Washington Army National Guard, and Washington Air National Guard. To Learn more about the Washington Military Department visit www.mil.wa.gov
The incumbent of this position is responsible to independently perform skilled installation, maintenance and repair of all phases of heating, ventilation and cooling.
- Performs preventative maintenance of HVAC related duties.
- Performs inspection, maintenance, and repair of mechanical systems.
- Operates, inspects, maintains, repairs, removes and/or installs heating/cooling system components including: Compressors, belts, bearing, motors, fans, heat exchangers, burners, filters, and controls. Responsible to repair heat pumps and air conditioning systems.
- Performs inspections, maintenance and repair of Hot Water Boiler systems. **Performs emergency, routine and safety work orders assigned related to HVAC.
Responsible to order materials as required related to HVAC installation and maintenance requirements.** Qualifications
- 06A Electrical License or Training Card; AND
- Universal CFC Recovery Certification; AND
In addition to the licenses stated above:
Experience In one of the below:
- Journey level standing as refrigeration mechanic or steamfitter as attested by completion of a recognized apprenticeship in refrigeration or steamfitter trade; OR
- Completion of a recognized apprenticeship program for heating, ventilation and air conditioning; OR
- Full journey level status in Plumbers and Pipe Fitters Union; OR
- Five years of experience in the refrigeration or steamfitter trades. Vocational or trade school training as a steamfitter or refrigeration mechanic will substitute year for year for the experience requirement for up to two years of the experience requirement. DESIRED
- Direct Digital Control (DDC) systems. Supplemental Information
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Background Investigation: Must successfully complete the appropriate background checks required for employment and to obtain/maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Common Access Card (CAC) required to access DoD computer systems. Must be willing to sign releases of information and shall not have access to any investigative materials and files. The processing of background checks can take up to six months post-employment. Failure to successfully pass a background check may be cause for termination.
Driver's License: If selected for this position, must maintain/obtain a valid State of Washington driver's license prior to the date hired and be qualified to drive a state vehicle as required to accomplish program requirements.
Union Shop Provision: This position is covered by a union shop provision. Therefore, as a condition of employment, candidates who are appointed are required to become members of the Washington Public Employees Association, or arrange to pay that union a fee equivalent to its regular monthly dues. The union shop provision shall be effective on the first day of the month following the employee's initial 30 days in this classification.
Work Schedule: Normal working hours are Tuesday through Friday, 6:00am - 4:30pm
Emergency Assignment: Upon activation of State Emergency Operations Center (SEOC) or Joint Field Office (JFO), incumbent may be required to work in an alternate location with rotating shifts, including weekends and evenings, in a highly stressful and fast-paced environment.
Military Facility: Willingness to work on a Military Controlled Access Installation.
Travel: Occasional travel required - up to 10%.
Individuals interested in applying for this position should select the "Apply" button and submit the following:
- A current application profile,
- Responses to the Supplemental Questions (Note that your responses to the supplemental questions will be used for interview selection),
If you have questions about the application process or this recruitment, please contact Mistina Venesky via email at Mistina.Venesky@mil.wa.gov
The Washington Military Department is an equal opportunity employer. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, person of disability, persons over 40 years of age, and disabled and Vietnam era veterans are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application/selection process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternate format, may call the Recruitment Section of State Human Resources at (253)512-7935 or Telecommunications Device for the hearing impaired at (253) 512-7298.
Salary: $3,795.00 - $4,506.00 Monthly
Location: Spokane County – Spokane, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Military Department
Job Number: 2018-03537
Closing: 4/25/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact