Washington State Eastern State Hospital Director of Quality Management in Medical Lake, Washington
Eastern State Hospital Director of Quality Management
Eastern State Hospital, a division of Behavioral Health Administration within the Department of Social and Health Services, provides evaluation and inpatient treatment for individuals with serious or long-term mental illness. We are currently recruiting a Director of Quality Management to join our dynamic team.
As the Director of Quality Management, you will be responsible for maintaining the day-to-day quality activities hospital wide to_ _include civil commitment and forensic psychiatric inpatient services.
You're responsible to evaluate and ensure continuous compliance in all departments hospital wide with nationally recognized standards and pertinent local, state and federal rules and regulations to maintain accreditation and certification. This includes The Joint Commission (TJC), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), College of American Pathologists and the state Board of Pharmacy.
What needs to be done first
- Successfully transition from current interim leadership to permanent leadership
- Orient to the hospital and become knowledgeable as to the current state of regulatory preparedness and develop the future state of regulatory compliance
- Maintain high visibility across all hospital departments
Fast-forward 6 to 12 months
- Hospital is compliant with regulatory standards for CMS and TJC
- The incumbent is recognized for expertise and the ability to collaborate with clinicians and non-clinicians to facilitate compliance
- The incumbent works effectively with the Chief Medical Officer and the Chief Nursing Officer to promote quality psychiatric care.
- The incumbent is described as dynamic and interactive in their approach
*Some of your responsibilities e Director of Quality Management *
- Coordinate all regulatory survey activities to assure that the facility maintains accreditation, certification, and licensure
- Prepare and present quality assurance reports to senior leaders and the governing body; manage progress of reports
- Make hospital rounds to assess compliance and to provide education to staff
- Oversee the infection prevention program, the patient engagement activities (including peer specialist), and promote high reliability across the hospital
What we're looking for
As Director of Quality Management, you'll provide superior quality in all that you do. We're seeking a results-driven team player who'll embrace the dynamic environment at Eastern State Hospital, someone who'll continue to build relationships with stakeholders, and maintain a statewide hospital standard.
- Master's or Doctorate Degree in Nursing, Social Science, Healthcare Administration, Public Health or related Behavioral Health Science
- Superior writing and communication skills
- Working knowledge of accreditation/certification standards for TJC/CMS
- Minimum five years supervisory and management experience in a healthcare leadership role
- Knowledge of principles of healthcare performance improvement
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills and abilities, including; good judgment, independent problem solving, decision making, strategic planning, conflict resolution, time management, excellent communication skills, ability to lead others through teamwork and the provision of accurate and constructive feedback.
- Ability to translate complicated standards, conditions and data to functional language applicable to all job classifications.
Interested applicants provide the following:
- Completed application
- Letter of interest describing your experience related to this job
- Current resume Questions contact Tracie Kidd at firstname.lastname@example.org
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Salary: $90,000.00 - $116,000.00 Annually
Location: Spokane County - Medical Lake, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2018-00377
Closing: 4/1/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact