Washington State DSHS Licensed Practical Nurse in Medical Lake, Washington
If empowering individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities inspires you, it won't take you long to experience the rewarding feeling of improving the quality of life of our clients at Lakeland Village as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
This is an ideal career move if you are seeking a unique work environment focused on the goal of promoting individual worth, self-respect, and dignity such that each individual is valued as a contributing member of the community. Our team thrives on partnership, trust, and communication to foster a safe and collaborative approach to care. Big picture, we have each other's back.
You'll also enjoy a great work/life balance with set schedules, outstanding benefits, and the support to grow. These are full-time, and some part-time, careers located at Lakeland Village.
Some of what you'll doing:
- Providing treatment and nursing care for an assigned caseload of adolescent to geriatric individuals, of both genders, all of which possess developmental disabilities and/ or other neurological, physiological, and mental health disorders.
- Assisting in developing and managing Individual Habilitation Plans for residents and clients to help improve and maintain health.
- Implementing care plans, administers medications, and assists the physician and other medical staff with treatments and exams.
What we are looking for:
- Proven ability to discern and apply practical nursing principles and concepts.
- Demonstrated the ability to perform and interpret basic physical and treatment techniques.
- Successful history of applying nursing process (assessment, diagnosis, plan, implementation, evaluation)
- Established understanding and demonstrated dynamics of strong interpersonal relationships and communications skills.
Who should apply?
- Applicants who have a valid Washington State license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse ORthe ability to obtain a valid license prior to employment.
If you have questions please contact Lindsey Dicus at (360) 890-5962.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Salary: $3,522.00 - $4,623.00 Monthly
Location: Spokane County - Medical Lake, WA
Job Type: Various Job Types
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2018-00091
Closing: 3/30/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact