U.S. Bank Third Party Risk Managment (TPRM) Analyst in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
• Policy and Procedure Formation and Awareness . Using corporate TPRM policies as guidelines, helps the business line understand those policies, and fit them to specific business needs.
• Business Line Risk Management . Partners with SBLRM and other BLRMs to ensure the implementation of key risk management practices and procedures in the normal course of business operations. Ensures appropriate participation in high-level discussions to identify and respond to business risks, and ensures that the line of business staff understands key risk concepts and their relevance to core business practice. Examples include coordinating risk discussions, understanding audit, compliance and regulatory risks, and business responses, creating/validating risk scenarios, arranging risk education events, communicating business changes for risk review, and coordinating the execution of contingency plans if circumstances warrant.
• Execution of Periodic Controls. Responsible for ensuring that process controls used to mitigate business risks are properly designed and executed. Works with corporate-level resources to identify, design, and test reports and controls for optimal effectiveness, and ensures that business risks are clearly and completely documented.
• Response to Inquiry/Examination. Helps support elements of the regulatory and audit examination cycle for inquiries or exams pertaining to the line of business. Specific requirements would include representing the business line at planning/kickoff meetings, submitting or providing requested documentation, referral of appropriate subject matter experts for interviews, and managing the disposition/resolution of issues resulting from the examination. Helps develop and gather key risk indicators (KRIs) reporting for business lines supported.
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
Five to seven years of experience in an applicable risk management
- An understanding of risk management and control development to mitigate
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication, judgment,
facilitation, analytical, leadership, problem-solving, organizational and detail
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written, to various levels
within the organization.
- Clear track record of delivery and the ability to work to deadlines and adapt to
- The ability to effectively challenge all areas of the business and deliver
solutions which drive risk and control excellence across the business.
- Advanced expertise using the Microsoft Office Suite
Primary Location: United States
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 180010744
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.