Idaho Division of Human Resources Developmental Specialist, Senior in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare's Division of Family and Community Services has two openings for Developmental Specialists, Senior, on the Crisis Prevention and Court Services Team in the North and East Hubs (one in each hub). Office assignments will be based on the selected candidates.
This position requires experience providing crisis services in correctional, hospital, institutional, and community based settings of both voluntary and involuntary clients.
Enjoy our competitive benefits package! We offer our employees numerous benefits, including: excellent medical, dental and vision insurance; generous vacation and sick leave accrual beginning as soon as you start; ten paid holidays a year; participation in one of the nation’s best state retirement systems; multiple savings plans and optional 401k; life insurance; wellness programs; ongoing training opportunities; and more. Click here to learn more about state of Idaho benefits.
This announcement will be used to fill the current vacancies in the North and East Hubs only. If you have previously applied for Developmental Specialist, Senior, and wish to be considered for this position, you must reapply under this announcement. Previous scores will not be used.
The Idaho Department of Health & Welfare is a drug-free workplace. Any applicant offered employment in this position at the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare, will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Assist families during the intake and eligibility determination process by providing support in planning and accessing services during crisis events at points in the emergency medical system.
- Oversee information tracking systems to ensure information is entered correctly and in a timely manner; upload and update required information into applicable databases.
- Educate families on children's and adult developmental disabilities services as well as other services for which their participant may be eligible.
- Provide ongoing case management to children and adults with developmental disabilities and their families.
- Provide training and technical assistance to families, providers, hospital personnel, and law enforcement.
- Conduct assessments to determine recommendations to reduce risk of institutionalization.
- Provide quality assurance and complex case management for families.
- Ensure crisis response services/guidelines meet the crisis needs of individuals with developmental disabilities and staff responses insure fidelity to the service guidelines.
- Provide emergency crisis intervention.
Board of Health and Welfare Requirements: applicants for positions in Adult and Child Development Centers must possess a bachelor's or master's degree in special education, psychology, communication disorders, physical therapy, occupational therapy or other closely related degree. Also required is specialized training in developmental disabilities or one (1) year of experience treating persons with developmental disabilities or a combination of the specialized training and work experience described.
Considerable knowledge of remediation and treatment programs for people with developmental disabilities or delays with mild to severe impairment and both mental and physical handicaps.
Experience selecting, administering, and interpreting a variety of standardized and informal therapist developed assessments and test instruments designed to assess developmental disabilities or delays.
Experience developing and adapting interdisciplinary prescriptive treatment programs to meet needs of clients with developmental disabilities including evaluation of progress toward treatment objectives.
Experience planning and conducting individual and group therapy sessions in at least two of the following service settings: facility-based, home-based, parent-partnership, community-at-large.
- Experience providing crisis services in correctional, hospital, institutional, and community based settings of both voluntary and involuntary clients.
Additional Qualifications:Are not required; however, having the minimum qualifications and the experience and/or education below will increase your score.
- *Experience and clinical training in mental health and developmental disabilities, as well as experience operating in various settings and with all entry points of the emergency medical system. *Typically gained by at least one year of professional experience providing crisis services across the continuum of services and levels of care.
- *Experience developing program-wide training and training new team members to the standard; providing oversight, ensuring compliance, and consulting with management and staff regarding discipline standards. *Typically gained by at least one year of professional experience training and orienting new staff to crisis services.
- *Experience implementing Applied Behavior Analysis treatment programming to children and adults. Board Certified Behavior Analyst preferred or ability to become certified in two years. *Typically gained by at least two years of related professional experience and completion of related college coursework.
- *Knowledge and understanding of available community services and resources for individuals with mental health and developmental disabilities. *Typically gained through one year of professional work experience in a related field.
There is an exam for this position to determine an applicant's eligibility. Click the "" button below to review the exam. You must receive a score of 63 to pass this exam. If at any time during the screening/testing process your responses or resume do not support the answers you provided, your name will be removed from the register.
How to Apply:
Click on any Apply Online button and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Checklist and Exam for this position. When updating your online application information, please select Health and Welfare under "Agencies," full-time under "Job Type/Shift," and Coeur d’Alene, Lewiston, Idaho Falls, Pocatello, and/or Twin Falls under "Cities."
Open for Recruitment: April 16, 2018 - April 29, 2018
Announcement #: 07801048369
Location(s): Coeur d'Alene, Idaho Falls, Lewiston, Pocatello, Twin Falls
Salary Range: $21.00 - $27.50 per hour -Plus Competitive Benefits!